What is your website about? Who is it for? What do you want them to do once they get there? This course will answer these questions for you.
In this course we see real life communication between a web designer/developer and client. The web designer takes the brief from the client by asking her several essential questions. So this course will help you with your own website and it will help you to create websites for others as well.
There is great advice for those needing their first website designed.
The client is walked through the various first stages in setting up a new website and business:
- Understanding “who you are and what you do” – the elevator pitch
- How to choose the correct domain name
- Choosing web hosting and connecting domain name to web host
- Defining the website’s purpose
- Understanding the target market
- Assessing previous design material and other “competing” websites
The course will not only teach web designers how to make better websites for their clients, it will also help people wanting to create websites.
A password and login link will be mailed to you. Please be assured that we hate spam as much as you do. We will not give away your email address to anyone and you may unsubscribe from emails at anytime.
- Introduction to Talking To Clients Course
- Who are you? What do you do?
- What to do about the “Analysis Paralysis”
- When a Client Has “Design Worries”
- What is the purpose of the website?
- Who are your target market?
- The Domain Name Question
- Assessing the Client’s Previous Design Material
- Can you give me examples of 2 or 3 websites you like, please?
- Introduction into blogging for the new business owner
- Blogging on our site vs. on a blogging platform
- Should my Blog be on my Home Page?
- Web Design Questionnaire
- What have we learned?