Design and develop a responsive WordPress business website for your design business.
Charge your clients more money by being able to create a WordPress website exactly to their requirements.
This responsive website design course will enable you to create a responsive website for a web design business – or any type of business! – using the Genesis theme framework on the WordPress platform.
WordPress is the most ubiquitous CMS (Content Management System) on the internet today. It provides you with a fairly well-optimised web system. However, combining WordPress with the premium Genesis theme ensures an entirely future-proof, perfectly optimized and responsive web design.
After you have finished the Responsive Website Design course you will have learned how to:
- Layout a website visual in Photoshop and present it to your client
- Install WordPress locally on your computer to ensure faster development
- Set up a website using WordPress on a host’s server
- Upload a local site to a remote site
- Create an “Under Construction” page to display during online development
- Set up the logo and top navigation menu with drop-downs
- Set up a blog on it’s own separate page
- Change the website’s text, use different fonts and create beautiful web typography
- Add content and images to the website’s pages and the blog’s posts
- Create and style up new sidebar widgets
- Add social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) profile links and icons
- Create page templates
- Add and style an amazing looking image slider!
- Use CSS media queries to ensure the responsive design of the site works correctly on all browsers and all possible devices (phones, iPods, iPads, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Design and layout a blog archive page with featured image thumbnails
- Create a contact page with a contact form
- Create an email subscription list and sidebar form with incentive to join
- Display a “favicon” for your site for the browsers’s address bars (as well as for iPod Touch, iPads and iPhones)
- Plus much more!
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to create a website. I have gone into everything in great detail so there’s no need to worry if you have very little knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS and/or PHP. Similarly, if you are already a web designer this course will teach you How to Make a Responsive Website by digging into the theme’s code to enable you to get a WordPress site looking and acting exactly how you want it to.
The course would be particularly useful for people who wish to run their own web design business as you would be able to charge four-figure fees for creating a bespoke business website like this.
- Designing the Website Visual in Photoshop Part 1
- Designing the Website Visual in Photoshop Part 2
- Uploading the Website Visual to a Web page
- Installing WordPress locally using MAMP
- Installing the Genesis theme Framework and Sample child theme
- Renaming and Branding the Child Theme
- Introduction to Developing Websites
- Introduction to Genesis Theme Settings and Header Logo CSS
- Styling the Top Navigation Links
- Creating a Static Home page and a Separate Blog page
- Creating Drop-Downs and Styling the Top Navigation Menu
- Creating Backgrounds & Easier CSS
- Heading Typography
- Adding Text and Images into a WordPress Page
- Styling the Sidebar Widgets
- Styling Individual Sidebar Widgets
- Creating the Social Profile Icons
- Creating and Styling the Footer
- Creating a Widgetized Page Template
- Adding the Genesis Responsive Slider to the Home Page
- Adding Content to the Genesis Responsive Slider
- Styling the Genesis Responsive Slider
- Home Page Headings
- Responsive Design with CSS Media Queries
- Creating a new user in WordPress and a discussion about user roles
- Setting Up the Website on the Host’s Server
- Installing WordPress Manually on the Host’s Server
- Uploading a Local Site to the Host’s Server
- Creating an Under Construction Page & Miscellaneous Tweaks
- Adding Three Featured Posts Widgets to the Home Page Template
- Styling the Three Featured Posts Widgets
- Designing Blog Archive Pages
- Creating a Contact Form in WordPress
- Giving your Site a Favicon
- Update WordPress and Genesis
- What to do now?
Only $27 – Buy NowAlready purchased this course? Please login here.